Town Hall is open by appointment only; however, the Town Clerk’s Office is able to handle Town Clerk matters at the front window. There is a window shelf installed for convenience.
Town Clerk’s Office
Town Clerk: Gail Wheeler
Deputy Town Clerk: Marcy Wheatley
Phone: 518-789-3300 x 603
E-mail: Gail Wheeler: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail: Marcy Wheatley: email@example.com
- Monday – 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Tuesday – 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Wednesday – 9:00AM – 12:30PM, 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Thursday – 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Friday – 9:00AM – 12:30PM
- or by appointment
The Town Clerk’s Office issues the following licenses:
- Marriage (Please call in advance to schedule an appointment.)
- Hunting & fishing
While Town Hall is closed due to COVID-19, please obtain your sporting license directly through New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC). You must contact them directly using one of the following methods:
Licenses and permits can be purchased at any one of DEC’s license-issuing agents or by telephone at 866-933-2257. The new hunting and trapping licenses are valid from Sept. 1, 2020 through Aug. 31, 2021, while annual fishing licenses are valid for 365 days from date of purchase.
Expanded Call Center Hours
Beginning Aug. 10, the DEC Call Center is accessible from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays through Oct. 1. Regular call center weekday hours will resume on Oct. 2.
Individuals should have the following items ready when buying a license:
- Complete contact information (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number);
- DEC customer ID number (if applicable);
- Proof of residency (e.g., driver’s license or non-driver’s ID with a valid New York State address); and
- If purchasing by phone or internet, a valid credit card.
- If not already entered in DEC’s automated licensing system, individuals are required to provide proof of hunter or trapper education certification or a copy of a previous license for all hunting and trapping license purchases. For additional information, visit the General Sporting License Information webpage on DEC’s website.
In July, DEC launched a new system for the sale of fishing, hunting, and trapping licenses. The new DEC Automated Licensing System (DECALS) includes user-friendly information to help users locate vendors, receive instant copies of a license, enter and view harvest information, and more.
Previous DECALS logins will not work in the new system. To access current accounts, click on the ‘Sign Up’ link on the new DECALS website and use date of birth and DEC customer ID number or a driver’s license number to locate existing files and create a new login. Please call DEC’s customer service line at 866-933-2257 with any questions.